Neel-Schaffer is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn, the drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, client focused environment? If so, Neel-Schaffer might have just the opportunity for you.
Neel-Schaffer is seeking applications from qualified candidates for the position of Structural Engineer Intern III to join our growing engineering firm. This position is based in our Columbia, SC, office. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in bridge/structural engineering and the ability to work within a team environment of engineers and technicians on various types of transportation and structures projects. The ideal candidate must be a registered Engineer Intern or have the ability to obtain EI registration within one year.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual looking for career growth. You will be a part of the Engineering Team and will assist other teams as project and client demands dictate.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering.
- Registered Engineer Intern or the ability to obtain EI registration within one year.
- 3 to 4 years of progressive bridge design experience.
- Familiarity with structural analysis software such as Conspan, Merlin, Lead Steel, CSI Bridge, or other similar bridge design software.
- Familiarity with DOT Design Guidelines and Standards, AASHTO LRFD Design Guidelines.
- Strong verbal communication and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Valid driver’s license.
Equal Opportunity Employer
"*" indicates required fields