DESOTO COUNTY, MS
If you have an entrepreneurial attitude, like being involved in the community and are looking to become a leader in the local market, this may be the right fit for you!
Neel-Schaffer seeks applications from qualified persons to fill the position of Mid-South Area Office Manager OR to join our team and be mentored and groomed to eventually become the Mid-South Area Office Manager. This is a perfect opportunity for the right candidate, one well versed in the Transportation and or Municipal sectors, to take their career to the next level.
This is a client facing role that will include managing projects, proposal writing, scope, cost estimates, helping clients find funding with grants along with scope writing etc.
Projects will include the opportunity for exposure to all disciplines of civil engineering. This individual must have the ability to take on a major role in conducting the business of the firm. He/she shall initiate and maintain extensive relationships with clients and competitors. The Mid-South Area Office Manager must understand a clients’ needs and concerns and be focused on client development regardless of the area of responsibility.
He/she supervises office and project managers in the operations of the profit center and includes project and administrative functions. The Mid-South Area Office Manager is responsible for the success of the profit center both in terms of quality and financially. He/she must have excellent communication skills. Knowledge of standard technology, techniques and practices of engineering and drafting is also required.
What we can offer you!
- An excellent company culture/family oriented. Growing and stable team with long-time broad client base.
- Low turnover (average tenure is 20+ years).
- A solid backlog of work.
- Competitive Salary, excellent benefits package, and potential for performance-based bonuses.
- Relocation assistance.
What we need from you!
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Business or related degree.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the state of Mississippi or ability to obtain within 6 months of employment; will consider alternative relative experience in lieu of licensure.
- Specialty certifications desirable.
- 15 years of experience in civil engineering or deep knowledge of the engineering industry.
- Experience leading and managing staff preferred.
- Strong verbal communication and analytical skills.
- Strong proven experience in business development and client management.
- Experience in budget management and preparation of proposals.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and spreadsheets.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Travel is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
"*" indicates required fields