BATON ROUGE, LA
Neel-Schaffer is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership. Do you have the desire to learn and the drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, client focused environment?
Neel-Schaffer seeks responses from qualified individuals for the position of Roadway Design Engineer to work in our Baton Rouge, LA, office.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in designing highway/roadway corridors, roadway widening and intersection improvements for the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development.
Neel-Schaffer is an ENR Top 200 Design firm that operates 38 offices across nine states. Neel-Schaffer offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits, including health care and a matching 401(k) savings plan.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering.
- Licensed Professional Engineer.
- 5-10 years of progressive transportation/roadway design experience on
- transportation projects, including schematic development, preparation of plans, specifications and estimates.
- Experience in the roadway plan production, InRoads Modeling, template creation, importing/displaying alignment data, and creating cross sections.
- Strong verbal communication and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in MicroStation V8i SS2. Familiar with LADOT Standards, AASHTO Roadside Design Guide, MUTCD, ADA, PROWAG, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Valid driver’s license.