Neel-Schaffer seeks qualified responses from persons for the position of Roadway Design Engineer in our Birmingham (AL) location. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in complete roadway designs associated with widening projects, bridge replacements, new roadways, intersection improvements, sidewalk and shared use path projects, and traffic safety projects.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the state of Alabama or ability to obtain Alabama PE within 1 year
- 4-10 years of progressive transportation/roadway design experience
- Strong verbal communication and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microstation, InRoads and/or Open Roads Designer
- Familiar with ALDOT Standards, AASHTO Roadside Design Guide, MUTCD, ADA, PROWAG, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Valid driver’s license