BATON ROUGE, LA
Neel-Schaffer is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
If this sounds like the place for you, we might have just the opening you are seeking.
Neel-Schaffer seeks responses from qualified applicants for the position of Roadway Design Engineer to work in our Baton Rouge, LA, location. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in designing highway/roadway corridors, roadway widening and intersection improvements for the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development (LADOTD).
Neel-Schaffer is an Engineering News-Record Top 250 engineering firm that provides planning, design, surveying, and construction management services. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits that include health insurance and a matching 401(k) savings plan.
Supported by more than 500 employees in locations across the United States, Neel-Schaffer provides a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, landscape architecture, environmental, construction and program management. Clients include federal, state and municipal governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Founded in 1983, our mission is to provide quality, cost-effective solutions that reflect responsiveness, innovation, technical excellence, and professional integrity.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- 5-10 years of progressive transportation/roadway design experience on transportation projects, including schematic development, preparation of plans, specifications and estimates.
- Experience in the roadway plan production, InRoads Modeling, template creation, importing/displaying alignment data and creating cross sections.
- Strong verbal communication and analytical skills
- Proficiency in MicroStation V8i SS2
- Familiar with LADOTD Standards, AASHTO Roadside Design Guide, MUTCD, ADA, PROWAG, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Valid driver’s license
Equal Opportunity Employer
"*" indicates required fields