JACKSON, MS OR BILOXI, MS
Neel-Schaffer is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn, the drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, client focused environment? If so, Neel-Schaffer might have just the right opportunity for you.
Neel-Schaffer, an Engineering News-Record Top 250 Design firm, is seeking applications from qualified persons for the position of National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and Resource Agency Permitting Project Manager. The position can be based in our Jackson or Biloxi, MS, offices. The NEPA and Resource Agency Permitting Project Manager works with engineering and environmental professionals, and local, state and federal agencies to facilitate and obtain the necessary authorizations needed to construct roadway, infrastructure, and private development projects.
- Manages the preparation of NEPA and state environmental documents, including EISs, EAs, and CEs.
- Supervises the work of project environmental consultants, managing project schedules and budgets and ensuring quality of documents.
- Peer-reviews drafts of permits applications, studies, scopes of work, and reports for environmental permitting and studies.
- Oversees the preparation of environmental studies for the siting and permitting of facilities.
- Develops strategies to mitigate environmental impacts.
- Attends regulatory agency meetings.
- Develops and maintains strong collaborative relationships with clients, stakeholders, and regulators.
- Provides training and guidance to staff regarding environmental documentation and permitting.
Education and/or experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Environmental Science, Geology, or related field; master’s degree is a plus.
- 10-plus years of experience in NEPA and Resource Agency Permitting.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, oral communication and organizational skills.
- Capacity to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to travel.
Equal Opportunity Employer
"*" indicates required fields