Neel-Schaffer employs a highly qualified team of professionals skilled in a variety of coastal science and engineering disciplines. This multi-disciplinary approach allows for a more holistic blend of experience and services to meet every client’s coastal needs.
A local presence ensures our work is informed and coordinated with the issues, governance, and opportunities unique to that region. As a result, we have been able to form effective partnerships with government agencies, non-profits, and other private companies, administering coastal initiatives to meet their needs and those of coastal communities.
Our 11 strategically positioned coastal offices include: Houston, TX; Lafayette, Baton Rouge, Mandeville, and New Orleans in Louisiana; Bay St. Louis, Gulfport, Biloxi, and Pascagoula in Mississippi; Mobile, AL; and Maitland, Florida.
We continue to seek opportunities to develop innovative partnerships, and to effectively develop forward-thinking ideas that help create and maintain a resilient Gulf Coast.
Neel-Schaffer’s Coastal Services Include:
Coastal Engineering, Science, and Planning
- Modeling (Hydrodynamic, Wave, Sediment Transport, and Morphology)
- Coastal Master Plan Development
- Coastal Wetland Science
- Coastal Program Management
- Construction Administration and Inspection
Coastal Engineering Design
- Shoreline Restoration Design
- Flood Protection Design (Levees, Pump Stations, etc.)
- Diversion and Hydrologic Restoration Design
- Marsh Creation Design
- Dredged Fill Analysis and Placement