Neel-Schaffer is seeking responses from qualified candidates for the position of Senior Structural Design Engineer in our Columbia, SC, office.
Neel-Schaffer is an Engineering News-Record Top 250 Design firm that operates 38 offices across nine states. Neel-Schaffer offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits, including health care and a matching 401(k) savings plan.
The ideal candidate for the Senior Structure Design Engineer position will have at least 10 years of demonstrated design experience for bridges, culverts, and retaining structures. He or she will have leadership skills to work and lead within a team environment of engineers and technicians on various types of transportation and structures projects.The candidate’s job duties will include supervision and training of staff in the structural department, performing seismic design (as required), load rating, shop drawing reviews, quality control, and communication with the project teams and clients.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Licensed Professional Engineer in South Carolina or ability to obtain within 1 year
- 10-20 years of progressive bridge/structural design experience
- A minimum of 4 years of experience working with SCDOT preferred
- Strong verbal communication and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microstation, Geopak and/or Open Roads Designer
- Proficiency in structural analysis software such as Conspan, Merlin, Leap Steel,
- CSI Bridge or other similar bridge design software
- Familiarity with DOT Design Guidelines and Standards, AASHTO LRFD Design Guidelines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Possess a valid driver’s license
Equal Opportunity Employer
"*" indicates required fields