Neel-Schaffer is accepting applications from qualified persons for a new Senior Roadway Designer to join our growing engineering firm. This position is based in our Columbia, SC, location. Neel-Schaffer is an Engineering News-Record Top 500 engineering design, planning and construction management firm. Neel-Schaffer offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits that include health insurance and a matching 401(k) savings plan.
Experience must include setting roadway horizontal and vertical geometry, preparing cross-sections, earthwork calculations, preparing quantities, setting right-of-way, understanding of roadway drainage design, developing maintenance of traffic/traffic control plans, and familiarity with South Carolina Department of Transportation (SCDOT) Plan Preparation/Roadway Design Manual. Typical projects include bridge replacements, interstate widening, interchanges, roadway widenings and intersection improvement projects.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual looking for career growth. You will be a part of the Engineering Team and will assist other teams as project and client demands dictate.
- Leads the development of roadway improvement plans for a variety of transportation projects.
- Prepares technical calculations and assists in the preparation of technical reports and project specifications.
- Strong problem-solving skills and provides guidance/mentoring to junior engineers.
- Assists in the preparation of technical reports and project specifications.
- Ability to work independently and in group settings.
- Effective communication and multi-tasking skills.
- Attentiveness to detail.
- Willingness to learn new skills, with opportunities to mentor junior design engineers.
- Assists in proposal development.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineer license is preferred
- 8 years of experience in roadway design required
- 8 years of experience with MicroStation and Geopak/Open Roads required
- Strong verbal communication and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Familiarity with SCDOT standards is preferred
- Valid driver’s license
Equal Opportunity Employer
"*" indicates required fields