Neel-Schaffer is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
If this sounds like the place for you, we might have just the opening you are seeking.
Neel-Schaffer seeks responses from qualified applicants for the position of Roadway Design Engineer to work in our Columbia (SC) location. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in designing highway/roadway corridors, interchanges, roadway widening and intersection safety improvements for the South Carolina Department of Transportation (SCDOT). Project Management experience is advantageous but not a requirement for this position.
Neel-Schaffer is an Engineering News-Record Top 500 engineering firm for many years running. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits that include health insurance and a matching 401(k) savings plan.
Supported by more than 600employees in locations across the United States, Neel-Schaffer provides a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, landscape architecture, environmental, construction and program management. Clients include federal, state and municipal governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Founded in 1983, our mission is to provide quality, cost-effective solutions that reflect responsiveness, innovation, technical excellence, and professional integrity.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- 6-15 years of progressive transportation/roadway design experience on transportation projects, including schematic development, preparation of plans, specifications and estimates.
- Experience in the roadway plan production, Geopack, Corridor Modeling, template creation, importing/displaying alignment data and creating cross sections.
- Strong verbal communication and analytical skills
- Proficiency in MicroStation V8i SS2, V81 SS10 and/or Open Roads Designer
- Familiar with SCDOT Standards, AASHTO Roadside Design Guide, MUTCD, ADA, PROWAG, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Valid driver’s license
Equal Opportunity Employer
"*" indicates required fields