Neel-Schaffer is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn and excel and thrive in an engaged, client focused environment? If so, Neel-Schaffer might have the perfect opportunity for you.
Neel-Schaffer, an Engineering News-Record Top 200 Design firm with offices and/or major projects in nine states, is seeking applications from qualified persons for a Mid-Level CEI Inspector to join our growing engineering firm. This position will be based in McEwen, TN. Travel may be required on a temporary basis as project locations change. Neel-Schaffer strives to fit applicants with projects to minimize commute time or temporary relocation. We will work with you.
This position involves skilled Construction Engineering and Inspection (CEI) field work. The Mid-Level CEI Inspector will work independently on Tennessee Department of Transportation (TDOT) construction projects or act as part of a team with other inspectors. The candidate must be familiar in the use of SiteManager, capable of checking grades, and keep neat and thorough notes relative to inspection and documentation of a construction project.
The right candidate will have the ability to work independently or as part of a team. Basic computer skills and good organizational and communication skills are required. Three to five years of experience in CEI on construction projects is preferred
The following Certifications are preferred:
- TNDOT Hot Mix Asphalt Roadway Technician
- TN Nuclear Gauge Technician Certification
- TNDOT Concrete Technician/ACI
- Certified Erosion Prevention and Sediment Control Inspector (Level 1)
- Flagger Safety
- 10 HR OSHA
Neel-Schaffer offers an excellent employee benefits package that includes:
- Health insurance, including Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account options
- Prescription Drug coverage
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life and Accidental Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan, with robust company match and investment assistance
- Paid holidays
- Vacation leave
- Education Reimbursement Opportunities
- Referral Bonus
- Company provided truck/vehicle
Equal Opportunity Employer
"*" indicates required fields