Neel-Schaffer maintains a staff of highly qualified professional biologists who have gained experience through providing support to federal and state agencies, local parish governments, and private sector clients for many years. Neel-Schaffer staff members have managed projects for such clients as the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers; Army National Guard; all branches of the U.S. military, including Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines; National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration; components of the Department of Homeland Security, including U.S. Customs and Border Protection, FEMA, and the U.S. Coast Guard; various state Departments of Transportation; and numerous parish/county governments. Neel-Schaffer maintains a strong commitment to meeting client’s needs, and strives to perform at a level that meets or exceeds project requirements.
The Neel-Schaffer Natural Resources staff provides all the natural resource services that might be needed by the client, efficiently and in a cost-effective manner. Staff members, individually and through previous relationships, have extensive experience supporting restoration, compliance, prevention, conservation, and technology projects and providing professional services for environmental programs worldwide. Our staff includes all the disciplines necessary for conducting natural resource studies and providing NEPA compliance, including biology, ecology, engineering, economics, geology, chemistry, real estate, and planning.
The Neel-Schaffer Natural Resources staff, consisting exclusively of professionals degreed in biological sciences, gives us the highly specialized capabilities for providing natural resource support for a wide variety of natural resource related projects over a broad geographic area.
Our staff specializes in natural resource planning and can provide the following services:
- National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) Compliance
- Environmental Assessments (EAs) and Environmental Impact Statements (EISs)
- Biological Inventories
- Threatened and Endangered Species Surveys
- Endangered Species Consultation
- Wetland Delineations, Mitigation Plans, and Permit Applications
- Clean Water Act Compliance
- Ecosystem Restoration Planning
- Vegetation Community and Habitat Evaluations and Mapping
- Remote Sensing and Image Interpretation
- GIS Applications
We also offer Military Planning documentation:
- Integrated Natural Resources Management Plans
- Integrated Cultural Resources Management Plans
- Endangered Species Management Plans
- Invasive Species Management Plans
- Pest Management Plans
- Wildland Fire Management Plans