Neel-Schaffer is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn, to excel and thrive in an engaged, client focused environment? If so, Neel-Schaffer might have the perfect opportunity for you.
Neel-Schaffer, an ENR Top 250 Design firm with offices in nine states, has an opportunity for a Senior Inspector to join our growing engineering firm. This position will be based in our Mobile, AL, office. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual looking for career growth.
This position involves skilled sub-professional engineering work in the field and office. The Senior Inspector will act as the Assistant Project Manager and be responsible for reviewing and directing inspection duties of all project inspectors. The Senior Inspector must be capable of surveying and drafting, as they apply to documenting and inspection of a construction project.
Education and/or experience:
Eight years of experience in construction inspection, surveying or highway materials testing and inspection or a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering or Registered Professional Engineer with two years of experience in construction inspection, surveying or highway materials testing and inspection.
This position requires good organizational and communication skills, good problem-solving abilities, and an ability to work both independently and as part of a team. Basic computer skills are required, and some travel may be require
The following Certifications are preferred:
- Certified Asphalt Technician Level I – Field Tester
- Certified Level II – Quality Management Technician
- Certified Concrete Technician (ACI and ALDOT Certification)
- Certified Asphalt Roadway Technician
- Work Zone Safety Certification
- Radiological Safety Course Certification
- Qualified Credentialed Inspector (QCI)
Neel-Schaffer offers an excellent employee benefits package that includes:
- Health insurance, including Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account options
- Prescription Drug coverage
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life and Accidental Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan, with robust company match and investment assistance
- Paid holidays
- Vacation leave
- Education Reimbursement Opportunities
- Referral Bonus
- Company provided truck/vehicle
(EOE) Job Type: Full-time
"*" indicates required fields