JACKSON, MADISON OR BRANDON, MS
Neel-Schaffer is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn and excel and thrive in an engaged, client focused environment? If so, Neel-Schaffer might have just the opportunity for you.
An Engineering News-Record Top 200 Design firm with offices and/or major projects in nine states, Neel-Schaffer is seeking applications from qualified persons for the a Mid to Senior level CEI Inspector to join our growing engineering firm. This position can be based in Jackson, Madison, or Brandon, MS. Travel may be required on a temporary basis as project locations change. Neel-Schaffer strives to fit applicants with projects to minimize commute time or temporary relocation. We will work with you.
This position involves skilled Construction Engineering and Inspection (CEI) field work. The Mid to Senior Level CEI Inspector will act as a lead inspector on Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) roadway and other transportation or site-civil construction projects. The Mid to Senior Level CEI Inspector must be efficient in the use of SiteManager and keep neat and thorough notes relative to inspection and documentation of a construction project, as well as completing all tasks related to typical highway and bridge inspection. The Mid to Senior Level Inspector will be required to work independently with minimal supervision or as part of a team and be able to provide inspection on bridge or roadway projects as are required to maintain and deliver successful construction projects.
Experience inspecting MDOT projects is preferred but not required.
- Five to 10 years of experience in CEI on roadway and transportation construction projects
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Good problem-solving abilities
- Travel may be required
- Basic computer skills
The following Certifications are preferred:
- American Traffic Safety Services Association (ATSSA) – Traffic Control Supervisor
- ACI Field Testing Grade Technician – Grade 1
- MDOT Stormwater Inspection Certification
Neel-Schaffer offers an excellent employee benefits package that includes:
- Health insurance, including Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account options
- Prescription Drug coverage
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life and Accidental Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan, with robust company match and investment assistance
- Paid holidays
- Vacation leave
- Education Reimbursement Opportunities
- Referral Bonus
- Company provided truck/vehicle
Equal Opportunity Employer
"*" indicates required fields