Neel-Schaffer is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn, to excel and thrive in an engaged, client focused environment? If so, Neel-Schaffer might have the perfect opportunity for you.
Neel-Schaffer, an ENR Top 250 Design firm with offices in nine states, has an opportunity for a Level II Inspector to join our growing engineering firm. This position will work from our Mobile, AL, office. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual looking for career growth. They will be career-oriented and self-motivated, with a desire to learn.
This position involves skilled sub-professional engineering work in the field and office. The Level II Inspector will follow standard procedures in documenting construction projects and inspecting job activities to verify they are in compliance with project plans and specifications. The Level II Inspector will be responsible for completing a daily report documenting labor and equipment used by contractor to include a description of work performed and any pertinent conversations with contractor. The Level II Inspector will assist with office work such as plotting cross-sections and computing earthwork quantities.
Education and/or experience:
Five years of experience in construction inspection, surveying or highway materials testing and inspection or a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering with one year of experience in construction inspection, surveying or materials testing and inspection.
Basic computer skills are required, along with good organizational and communication skills, good problem-solving abilities, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team. Some travel may be required.
The following Certifications are preferred:
- Certified Asphalt Technician Level I – Field Tester
- Certified Concrete Technician (ACI and ALDOT Certification)
- Certified Asphalt Roadway Technician
- Work Zone Safety Certification
- Radiological Safety Course Certification
- Qualified Credentialed Inspector (QCI)
Neel-Schaffer offers an excellent employee benefits package that includes:
- Health insurance, including Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account options
- Prescription Drug coverage
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life and Accidental Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan, with robust company match and investment assistance
- Paid holidays
- Vacation leave
- Education Reimbursement Opportunities
- Referral Bonus
- Company provided truck/vehicle
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
"*" indicates required fields