Do you have the desire to learn, to excel and thrive in an engaged, client focused environment? If so, Neel-Schaffer might have the perfect job opportunity for you.
Neel-Schaffer, an ENR Top 250 Design firm with offices in nine states, has an opportunity for a Level I Inspector to join our growing engineering firm. This position will be based in our Birmingham, AL, office. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual looking for career growth. They will be self-motivated, with a desire to learn.
This position involves skilled sub-professional engineering work in the field and office. The Level I Inspector will follow standard procedures in documenting construction projects and inspecting job activities to verify they are in compliance with project plans and specifications. The inspector will be responsible for completing a daily report documenting labor and equipment used by contractor to include a description of work performed and any pertinent conversations with contractor. The Level I Inspector will assist with office work such as plotting cross-sections and computing earthwork quantities.
Education and/or experience:
Some experience in construction inspection, surveying or highway materials testing and inspection is preferred. College level education with an engineering or construction background is preferred but not required. Basic computer skills are required, along with good organizational and communication skills, good problem-solving abilities, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team. Some travel may be required.
The following Certifications are preferred:
- Certified Asphalt Technician Level I – Field Tester
- Certified Concrete Technician (ACI and ALDOT Certification)
- Certified Asphalt Roadway Technician
- Work Zone Safety Certification
- Radiological Safety Course Certification
Neel-Schaffer offers an excellent employee benefits package that includes:
- Health insurance, including Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account options
- Prescription Drug coverage
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life and Accidental Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan, with robust company match and investment assistance
- Paid holidays
- Vacation leave
- Education Reimbursement Opportunities
- Referral Bonus
- Company provided truck/vehicle
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
"*" indicates required fields