Neel-Schaffer is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, client focused environment?
Neel-Schaffer has an opportunity for a Civil CADD Technician to join our growing engineering firm. This position is based in our Laurel, MS, location. Neel-Schaffer is an Engineering News-Record Top 500 engineering design, planning and construction management firm. Neel-Schaffer offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits that include health insurance and a matching 401(k) savings plan.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual looking for career growth. You will be a part of the Engineering Team and will assist other teams as project and client demands dictate.
Typical projects include roadways, bridges, coastal restoration, water/wastewater, site improvements, underground utilities, and other general civil engineering projects. Working knowledge of both AutoCAD Civil 3D and MicroStation preferred with experience using survey files, developing surfaces and corridors. Working knowledge of ArcGIS is a plus.
- 2-year course in drafting design and/or a college degree.
- 3-5 years of experience in structural/transportation/civil design drafting.
- Experience must include preparing design drawings, plans, sections, and details.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Strong verbal communication and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Valid driver’s license