NASHVILLE, TN or OTHER LOCATIONS THROUGHOUT TENNESSEE OR ALABAMA
Neel-Schaffer is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, client focused environment?
If so, Neel-Schaffer might have just the right position for you. Our growing engineering firm has an opportunity for a Graduate Engineer or Engineer Intern to join the firm in one of our Tennessee or Alabama offices as a Roadway Design Engineer.
Under the supervision and guidance of Professional Engineers, the prospective candidate will produce roadway design plans for a variety of civil engineering projects. The ideal candidate will have experience using MicroStation, AutoCAD Civil 3D, Open Roads Designer and /or other computer aided design software.
Some responsibilities include:
- Preparing design plans and specifications for projects
- Use of design software to develop design documents
- Work as part of a team environment with other engineers and technical staff
Minimum Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Licensed Engineer Intern in Tennessee or Alabama or ability to obtain a licensure in one of those states within one year
- Knowledge of roadway and drainage design concepts
- Strong verbal communication and analytical skills
- Experience with MicroStation and/or AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Knowledge of local municipalities and/or state DOT design standards
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Project
Equal Opportunity Employer
"*" indicates required fields