BATON ROUGE, LA
Neel-Schaffer is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Water Resources Senior Project Manager/Engineer to work in our Baton Rouge (LA) office.
The selected candidate will manage engineers, numerical modelers and designers on planning and design projects and will act as the task leader for a variety of water resources projects. The position will also require responsibility for task scope, budgets, schedules, and deliverable quality. Typical projects would include various types of drainage design, flood control design, bridge hydraulic studies/designs, bridge scour analyses, storm water management studies, and design/contract plans for flood control and storm water infrastructure projects.
Neel-Schaffer offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits, including health care and a matching 401(k) savings plan.
The ideal candidate is a motivated individual with good leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills who has experience supporting business development efforts and a desire for growth in their career. If you’re looking to take the next step, this is the right growth opportunity.
A limited amount of travel may be required for some projects.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- A Licensed Professional Engineer in the state of Louisiana or ability to obtain in six months
- Solid background in water resources projects
- Ability to lead a team of engineers and designers performing various tasks from developing hydrologic and hydraulic models to preparing plans, specifications/estimates for drainage infrastructure design projects and/or managing data collection and field work
- Good written and oral communication skills and ability to work in a team environment is required
- 10+ years of experience in Water Resources/Hydrologic/Hydraulic Engineering and/or Project Management
- Advanced knowledge of latest hydrologic and hydraulic computer modeling programs, including ArcGIS-based supporting applications
- Experience in the development of hydrologic and 1-D, unsteady and 2-D hydraulic models
- Experience with dynamic hydraulic modeling such as HEC-RAS 2D or SWMM preferred
- Experience with AutoCAD (and/or Civil 3D) and/or Micro-station (and/or GEOPAK/OpenRoads)
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Certified floodplain manager (CFM) is strongly encouraged
- Experience with preparation of construction documents (plans and specifications) for drainage and flood control projects