Neel-Schaffer is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, client focused environment?
Neel-Schaffer has an opportunity for a Water Resources / Hydrology / Hydraulic Civil Engineer to join our growing engineering firm. This position is based in our Atlanta, GA, location.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual looking for career growth and possessing good leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills. You will be a part of the Engineering Team and will assist other teams as project and client demands dictate. Typical projects to be worked on include various types of drainage, flood control, bridge hydraulic studies/designs, bridge scour analyses, storm water management studies, and design/contract plans for flood control and storm water infrastructure projects.
Neel-Schaffer is an Engineering News-Record Top 500 engineering design, planning and construction management firm. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits that include health insurance and a matching 401(k) savings plan.
A working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite products is preferred, and a limited amount of travel may be required for some projects related to this position.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering.
- Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Georgia.
- Ability to become licensed in other states.
- 10-plus years of experience with technical work in Water Resources / Hydrology / Hydraulics.
- 3-5 years of experience in project management and/or business development related to Water Resources / Hydrology / Hydraulics.
- Strong leadership, communication, analytical skills, and ability to work in a team environment.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills necessary with the ability to plan and conceptualize.
- Advanced knowledge of latest hydrologic and hydraulic computer modeling programs, including GIS-based applications.
- Experience with Microstation (and/or GEOPAK/OpenRoads) and AutoCAD (and/or Civil 3D), StormCad, and ArcGIS is preferred.
- Ability to perform a limited amount of field work, including drainage investigations, topographic surveying, drainage asset inventorying, etc.