Neel-Schaffer is seeking a motivated individual with good leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills to work in the field of Water Resources/Hydrology/Hydraulic Engineering in our Houston office.
Typical projects to be worked on include various types of drainage, flood control, bridge hydraulic studies/designs, bridge scour analyses, storm water management studies, and design/contract plans for flood control and storm water infrastructure projects.
A limited amount of travel might be required for some projects.
Neel-Schaffer is a top-250 firm on Engineering News Record’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms in the country. We Neel-Schaffer offer a competitive salary and a benefits package that includes health care and a matching 401(k) program
- A Licensed Professional Engineer in the state of Texas
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering
- Approximately 7-plus years of experience in Water Resources/Hydrologic/Hydraulic Engineering
- Advanced knowledge of latest hydrologic and hydraulic computer modeling programs, including ArcGIS-based applications, is required, including but not limited to HEC-RAS and HEC-HMS
- Experience with dynamic hydraulic modeling such as HEC-RAS 2D or SWMM preferred but not required
- Experience with AutoCAD (and/or Civil 3D), Micro-station (and/or GEOPAK/OpenRoads).
- Experience with preparation of construction documents (plans and specifications) for drainage and flood control projects.
- Good written and oral communication skills and ability to work in a team environment is required. Ability to perform a limited amount of field work, including drainage investigations, topographic surveying, drainage asset inventorying, etc. is required.