Neel-Schaffer is accepting applications from qualified persons for the job of Transportation Travel Demand Modeler. This is a fulltime position, based in the firm’s Lafayette (LA) office.
Neel-Schaffer is a multi-disciplined Engineering and Planning firm with 36 offices across nine Southeastern states. Neel-Schaffer offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits, including health insurance and a generous 401(k) match.
Duties for this position will include, but may not be limited to:
- Developing and applying travel demand models for transportation planning utilizing TransCAD, CUBE and possibly other related software.
- Collecting and analyzing traffic and survey data.
- Calibrating and validating regional travel demand models including mode choice modeling.
- Performing sensitivity/stress tests.
- Developing tools to analyze and summarize traffic modeling databases.
- Performing due diligence, quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) procedures on various phases of studies.
- Writing sections of reports describing work completed, processes used, results observed and support/justification for any recommendations and conclusions.
- Assisting project managers with tasks by completing them within deadlines and budget requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, urban, community or regional planning or related discipline.
- Six years of related experience with Bachelor’s degree or five years of experience with Master’s degree.
- Domestic travel may be required, mostly in the South/Southeast US. The frequency of travel is contingent on workload and project demands.
- AICP, PTP, PE, or approved certification in a related field.
- Toll Modeling
- Conducting mesoscopic and micro-simulation modeling including base year model calibration and future year model volume.
- Working knowledge of ArcGIS