Neel-Schaffer is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
If you have the desire to learn, and the drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, client focused environment, then Neel-Schaffer could be the right fit for you.
Neel-Schaffer is seeking applications from qualified professionals for the role of Transportation Design Project Manager to lead Houston metro area projects. This position will be based in our Houston office, and the employee will be required to be present at the office. Projects this position will be responsible for will primarily be roadway design in the greater Houston metro area.
Neel-Schaffer is an Engineering News-Record Top 250 engineering firm that provides planning, design, surveying, and construction management services. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits that include health insurance and a matching 401(k) savings plan.
Supported by more than 500 employees in locations across the United States, Neel-Schaffer provides a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, landscape architecture, environmental, construction and program management. Clients include federal, state and municipal governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Founded in 1983, our mission is to provide quality, cost-effective solutions that reflect responsiveness, innovation, technical excellence, and professional integrity.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineer in the State of Texas or ability to obtain within 1 year
- 10-20 years of progressive transportation design experience
- Strong verbal communication and analytical skills, and ability to mentor younger staff
- Proficiency with Microstation and Geopak (or equivalent) design platforms, knowledge of OpenRoads desired
- Familiar with TxDOT design standards
- Familiarity with the City of Houston and/or Harris County design standards is desirable
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Valid driver’s license
Equal Opportunity Employer
"*" indicates required fields