Neel-Schaffer is seeking responses for qualified persons for the job of Transportation Design Manager in the firm’s Houston (TX) office.
- BSCE from an ABET-accredited university
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Texas
- 12+ years of progressive transportation/roadway experience
- 3+ years of experience in developing/managing design staff
- Experience managing TxDOT projects
Ideal candidate will also possess the following:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess a strong understanding in developing all project management controls including budgeting, scheduling, and staff management
- The ability to manage AND assist in the production of design deliverables
- Proficiency with Microstation and Geopak (or equivalent) design platforms
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office applications including a working knowledge of Excel
This position will lead all aspects of our Houston office’s transportation group. The successful candidate will have a firm understanding in developing design plans including supporting calculations, but will also have the ability to assist in growing the group. A full understanding of the range of support services (survey, environmental, drainage, etc.) and required reporting of roadway projects is essential. An understanding of Traffic Engineering services is also desired.