Neel-Schaffer is seeking responses for qualified persons for the job of Transportation Design Manager in the firm’s Houston (TX) office.
- BSCE from an ABET-accredited university
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Texas
- 12+ years of progressive transportation/roadway experience
- 3+ years of experience in developing/managing design staff
- Experience managing TxDOT projects
Ideal candidate will also possess the following:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess a strong understanding in developing all project management controls including budgeting, scheduling, and staff management
- The ability to manage AND assist in the production of design deliverables
- Proficiency with Microstation and Geopak (or equivalent) design platforms
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office applications including a working knowledge of Excel
This position will lead all aspects of our Houston office’s transportation group. The successful candidate will have a firm understanding in developing design plans including supporting calculations, but will also have the ability to assist in growing the group. A full understanding of the range of support services (survey, environmental, drainage, etc.) and required reporting of roadway projects is essential. An understanding of Traffic Engineering services is also desired.
Equal Opportunity Employer