NEW ORLEANS, LA (BATON ROUGE, LAFAYETTE OR OTHER LOCATIONS MAY BE CONSIDERED)
Neel-Schaffer is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership. Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, client focused environment?
An Engineering News-Record Top 250 Engineering Design, Planning and Construction Management firm, Neel-Schaffer has an opportunity for an experienced Transit Planner in our New Orleans office. The ideal candidate for this regular/fulltime position will have demonstrated experience and the following qualifications.
- Support short-range and long-range transit planning work.
- Assist clients to include local governments (municipal and county/parish), public transit authorities, Metropolitan Planning Organizations (MPOs), and state Departments of Transportations (DOTs).
- Support a range of planning tasks, including analysis of existing conditions and needs, community engagement, visioning, financial planning, and plan development.
- Prepare technical and non-technical reports and presentations.
- Assist project managers with tasks by completing them within deadlines and budget requirements.
Education and/or experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, geography, public administration, engineering, or related field.
- 3 years of transit planning experience in the public or private sector or 2 years of experience with a master’s degree.
- Experience analyzing public transit service, routes, schedules, or operations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Domestic travel may be required, mostly in the South/Southeast US. The frequency of travel is contingent on workload and project demands.
- Experience working with large datasets from public transit systems (APC, AVL, GTFS).
- Experience with community engagement for transit planning efforts.
- Ability to develop recommendations for transit service plans.
- GIS experience.