MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST
Neel-Schaffer is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership. Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, client focused environment?
An Engineering News-Record Top 250 Engineering Design, Planning and Construction Management firm, Neel-Schaffer has an opportunity for a Traffic/Transportation Engineer to work in one of our Mississippi Gulf Coast offices, either in Biloxi, Gulfport, Hancock County, or Pascagoula.
We are an employee-owned firm seeking an engineer with the desire to grow personally and professionally while working in a creative and collaborative environment to help deliver transportation projects and perform traffic studies throughout Mississippi. The successful candidate will provide transportation/traffic engineering services including traffic impact studies, traffic signal timing, traffic modeling and traffic operations, and help develop other leading-edge technology projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and optimize traffic signal timing and coordination plans
- Conduct and implement traffic signal timing plans
- Model complex traffic operations conditions involving multiple transportation modes
- Interact with clients
- Assist in preparation of traffic and ITS planning and operations studies
- Take ownership of projects from start to finish
- Perform field observation work when necessary
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (preferred) in civil engineering from an ABET EAC accredited program
- Experience in traffic operations: 1 year (preferred)
- Experience in traffic modeling software: 1 year (preferred)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented professional with strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of and experience with Synchro/SimTraffic, Tru-Traffic or other applicable traffic modeling software
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office products
Required License or Certification:
- Fundamentals of Engineering
- Professional Engineering License (preferred)
- Professional Traffic Operations Engineer certification (preferred)