BATON ROUGE, LA
Neel-Schaffer is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, client focused environment?
Neel-Schaffer has an opportunity that might be a perfect fit for you. We are seeking applications from experienced, qualified candidates for the position of Traffic Engineering Manager in our Baton Rouge (LA) office. This position will lead all aspects of our Baton Rouge office’s traffic engineering group. The successful candidate will have a firm understanding of traffic engineering principles and will also have the ability to assist in growing the discipline.
The successful candidate also shall have project related experience with traffic signal design plans, traffic signal timing, corridor studies, traffic impact studies, traffic operation studies, traffic control plans, traffic simulation modeling, roundabout studies, safety studies and ITS. Working knowledge of latest traffic engineering and simulation programs, including Synchro, Vissim, Vistro and SIDRA.
- BSCE from an ABET-accredited university
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Louisiana or ability to obtain within 6 months
- 10-15 years of progressive traffic / transportation / ITS experience
- 3+ years of experience in developing/managing staff
- Certified Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess a strong understanding in developing all project management controls, including scope development, proposals, budgeting, scheduling, and staff management
- The ability to manage AND assist in the production of design deliverables
- Proficiency with Microstation and AutoCad (or equivalent) design platforms
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office applications, including a working knowledge of Excel
Equal Opportunity Employer
"*" indicates required fields