Neel-Schaffer is seeking a Texas Transportation Construction Services Manager for the expansion of our Texas Transportation Construction Engineering and Inspection (CE&I) market. The person chosen for this position will reside in Texas and be responsible for the overall development and execution of Neel-Schaffer’s Texas CE&I business plan for growth, recruiting, staff development, and project performance, with an emphasis on the Texas surface transportation market (TxDOT/Toll Authorities/RMA/Counties/Cities).
This position will report to the Texas Transportation Manager and coordinate with regional management and the Corporate Safety Officer.
Neel-Schaffer is a multi-disciplined consulting and planning firm that provides planning, design, surveying, and construction engineering. We are an ENR Top 250 Design Firm, supported by 37 offices in locations across the United States, and we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, landscape architecture, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Founded in 1983, our mission remains to provide high-quality, cost-effective solutions that reflect responsiveness, innovation, technical excellence, and professional integrity.
We are a regional leader in Construction Engineering & Inspection Services. Our staff supports clients by acting as their trusted on-site agent through all phases of construction, from pre-design to close-out, by providing qualified construction managers, inspectors, constructability reviewers, schedulers, estimators, and safety experts. As new technologies evolve throughout the construction industry, innovative ideas are required to maintain and deliver successful construction projects.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- Professional Engineer in the State of Texas, or able to obtain within 6 months
- 10-plus years of experience on Surface Transportation Construction projects with TxDOT, bringing established client relationships
- Strong leadership / communication/ analytical skills and ability to generate business opportunities with existing and prospective clients, predominately in the Texas Construction Services market
- Critical thinking skills necessary with the ability to plan and conceptualize
- Knowledge of TxDOT construction and administration procedures
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to travel between 25-50%
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite and Primavera Scheduling Software
- Certified Construction Manager (CCM) preferred
- Design-Build experience preferred
- Project Controls experience preferred
- Claims Avoidance and Mitigation experience preferred