Neel-Schaffer is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, client focused environment?
Neel-Schaffer has an opportunity for a Sr. Civil CADD Technician to join our growing engineering firm. This position is based in our Mobile Alabama location. Neel-Schaffer is an Engineering News-Record Top 500 engineering design, planning and construction management firm. Neel-Schaffer offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits that include health insurance and a matching 401(k) savings plan.
Requirements include a 2-year course in drafting design and/or college degree, plus a minimum of ten years of experience in transportation/infrastructure/civil site design drafting. Experience must include preparing design drawings, plans, and details. Typical projects include roadways, bridges, water/wastewater, site improvements, land development, underground utilities, and other general civil engineering projects. Working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D or MicroStation preferred with experience using survey files, developing surfaces and corridors. Working knowledge of ArcGIS is a plus.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual looking for career growth. You will be a part of the Engineering Team and will assist other teams as project and client demands dictate.
- AA degree in CADD drafting or comparable coursework desired
- 10 years of experience in structural/transportation/civil site design drafting required
- 10 years of experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D -OR– MicroStation and Open Roads required
- Strong verbal communication and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Familiarity with Mobile County, City of Mobile, ALDOT protocols is a plus
- Valid driver’s license