NEW ORLEANS / MYRTLE GROVE, LA
Neel-Schaffer is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, client focused environment?
Neel-Schaffer has an opportunity for a qualified Site Safety and Health Officer for a long-term project. Our ideal candidate will be someone with extensive site safety experience in large civil construction projects. The position is based in New Orleans / Myrtle Grove, LA. Neel-Schaffer is an Engineering News-Record Top 500 engineering design, planning and construction management firm. Neel-Schaffer offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits that include health insurance and a matching 401(k) savings plan.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual looking for career growth and will be organized and detail oriented, able to manage and follow-through on multiple job tasks, a good communicator, have reliable transportation and ability to travel up to one hour to the project site.
- Associate Degree and/or other safety & health applicable accreditations required
- CSM, CHST or STS, OHST, ASP, CSP (ideal but not required)
- 5 years Safety Management experience including Army Corps. of Engineers, EM385-1-1 & DOT
- Knowledgeable of regulatory standards for construction, general industry & EM385-1-1
- Experienced in completing regular compliance observations & inspections
- An average of at least 24 hours of formal safety training each year over the past 5 years
- Training for competent person status in the following areas: Fall Protection, Excavation, Scaffolding, Confined Space, Electrical, Job Hazard Analysis & First Aid/CPR.
Salary is commensurate with experience, certifications, and skills. Employee benefits package is available. Background check, pre-hire and random drug screening is required.