Neel-Schaffer is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, client focused environment?
Neel-Schaffer has an opportunity for an experienced Senior Civil Engineer based in our Birmingham office to work on Water/Wastewater projects in Alabama. These projects will involve planning, design and construction of water supply, water supply protection, water treatment, water distribution, wastewater treatment, wastewater collection and water and wastewater pumping station projects.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual who is seeking career growth and has good leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills. You will be a part of the Engineering Team and will assist other teams as project and client demands dictate. Experience should include engineering design and project management of sanitary sewer treatment plants, water treatment facilities, water and sewer master plans, site layouts, sanitary sewer and water pumping stations, water storage tanks and various other civil and sanitary engineering projects.
Neel-Schaffer is an Engineering News-Record Top 250 engineering design, planning and construction management firm. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits that include health insurance and a matching 401(k) savings plan.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering.
- Professional Engineer in the State of Alabama or ability to obtain within 6 months.
- Ability to become licensed in other states as needed.
- 10-20 years of experience in water/wastewater projects.
- Experience in leading environmental engineering projects from design through construction is preferred.
- Strong leadership, communication, analytical skills, and ability to work in a team environment required.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills necessary with the ability to plan and conceptualize.
- Limited amount of travel may be required for some projects.
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite.