BATON ROUGE, LAFAYETTE, MANDEVILLE, NEW ORLEANS or SHREVEPORT, LA
Neel-Schaffer is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn and the drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, client focused environment?
Neel-Schaffer has an opportunity for a Senior Water Resources Engineer / Project Manager to join our growing engineering firm and lead our Louisiana Hydraulics and Hydrology practice. Home base will be flexible for this position, with Neel-Schaffer operating offices in Baton Rouge, Lafayette, Mandeville, New Orleans and Shreveport.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual looking for career growth and possessing good leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills. The successful candidate will be a part of Neel-Schaffer’s Water Resources Team and lead project teams for a variety of Water Resources projects.
Typical projects include various types of drainage, flood control, bridge hydraulic studies/designs, bridge scour analyses, storm water management studies, and design/contract plans for flood control and storm water infrastructure projects. A limited amount of travel may be required for some projects.
Neel-Schaffer is an Engineering News-Record Top 500 engineering design, planning and construction management firm. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits that include health insurance and a matching 401(k) savings plan.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering.
- Professional Engineer in the state of Louisiana with the ability to become licensed in other states in the Southeast US.
- 10-plus years of experience with technical work in Water Resources/Hydrology/ Hydraulics.
- Strong leadership, communication, analytical skills, and ability to work in a team environment.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills necessary with the ability to plan and conceptualize.
- Advanced knowledge of latest hydrologic and hydraulic computer modeling programs, including GIS-based applications – HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, SWMM, etc.
Experience with Microstation (and/or GEOPAK/OpenRoads) and AutoCAD (and/or Civil 3D), StormCad, and ArcGIS is preferred.
- Ability to perform a limited amount of field work, including drainage investigations, drainage asset inventorying, etc.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.