HOUSTON, SAN ANTONIO, DALLAS, FORT WORTH, or ARLINGTON, TX
Neel-Schaffer is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, client focused environment?
If so, Neel-Schaffer might have just the job for you. Neel-Schaffer is accepting applications from qualified candidates for the position of Senior Water Resources Engineer / Project Manager to join our growing engineering firm and lead our Texas Hydraulics and Hydrology practice. Home base will be flexible for this position, with Neel-Schaffer operating Texas offices in Houston, San Antonio, Dallas, Fort Worth, and Arlington.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated and seeking career growth. They will have good leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills. This leader will be a part of Neel-Schaffer’s Water Resources Team and will manage project teams for a variety of Water Resources projects.
Typical projects include various types of drainage, flood control, bridge hydraulic studies/designs, bridge scour analyses, storm water management studies, and design/contract plans for flood control and storm water infrastructure projects. A limited amount of travel may be required for some projects.
Neel-Schaffer is an engineering design, planning and construction management firm that annually is listed among the Engineering News-Record Top 500 Design Firms. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits that include health insurance and a matching 401(k) savings plan.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineer in the state of Texas, with the ability to become licensed in other states in the Southeastern US
- 10-plus years of experience with technical work in Water Resources, Hydrology, Hydraulics and drainage design
- Strong leadership, communication, analytical skills, and ability to work in a team environment
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills, with the ability to plan and conceptualize
- Advanced knowledge of the latest hydrologic and hydraulic computer modeling programs, including GIS-based applications – HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, SWMM, etc.
- Experience with Microstation (and/or GEOPAK/OpenRoads) and AutoCAD (and/or Civil 3D), StormCad, and ArcGIS is preferred
- Ability to perform a limited amount of field work, including drainage investigations, drainage asset inventorying, etc.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Equal Opportunity Employer
"*" indicates required fields