LAFAYETTE, LA (BATON ROUGE, NEW ORLEANS OR OTHER REMOTE LOCATIONS MAY BE CONSIDERED)
Neel-Schaffer is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership. Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, client focused environment?
Neel-Schaffer, an ENR Top 250 engineering design, planning, and construction management firm, has an opportunity for an experienced Senior Transportation Planner / Project Manager with public transit emphasis in our Lafayette (LA) office. (Baton Rouge, New Orleans or other remote locations may be considered).
The ideal candidate for this regular/fulltime position will have demonstrated experience in long-range transportation planning, transit planning, bike and pedestrian planning, and the following qualifications.
- Leads short-range and long-range transportation planning work.
- Support or lead the development of long-range transportation plans.
- Assist clients to include local governments (municipal and county/parish), public transit authorities, Metropolitan Planning Organizations (MPOs), and state Departments of Transportations.
- Leads range of planning tasks, including analysis of existing conditions and needs, community engagement, visioning, financial planning, and plan development.
- Prepare technical and non-technical reports and presentations.
- Manages projects and/or tasks by completing them within deadlines and budget requirements.
Education and/or experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, geography, public administration, engineering, or related field.
- 5-10 years of transportation planning experience in the public or private sector.
- Demonstrated experience managing projects is required.
- Ability to communicate with and engage the general public and stakeholders is a must.
- Ability to analyze public transit service, routes, schedules, or operations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Domestic travel may be required, mostly in the South/Southeast US. The frequency of travel is contingent on workload and project demands.
- AICP Certification (or ability to obtain within 6 months of employment)
- GIS experience
Equal Opportunity Employer
"*" indicates required fields