Neel-Schaffer is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
If you have the desire to learn, and the drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, client focused environment, then Neel-Schaffer could be the right fit for you.
Neel-Schaffer is seeking applications from qualified professionals for the position of Senior Transportation Leader – Georgia. This person will manage transportation design and design-build projects for the firm’s Atlanta office. He/she will plan, organize, supervise and evaluate roadway design staff assigned to the office. Their focus will be to serve as the firm’s client manager for all pursuits and projects for the Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) and other clients.
This individual must have the ability to take on a major role in conducting the business of the firm. He/she shall initiate and maintain extensive relationships with GDOT and important teaming partners. The ideal candidate must understand GDOT’s needs and concerns as well as focus on exceeding their expectations. He/she will oversee transportation-focused projects, including all project and administrative functions, and will ultimately be responsible for the financial and overall success of projects.
The right candidate will have excellent internal and external communication skills. They will work with Business Development personnel in the firm to collaborate on project pursuits and teaming arrangements. They will also work for/with the Georgia Operations Manager and Region Manager on personnel matters as well as resources required to manage existing and future workload.
Knowledge of standard technology, techniques and practices of transportation engineering and drafting is required.
Neel-Schaffer is an Engineering News-Record Top 250 Design engineering firm that provides planning, design, surveying, and construction management services. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits that include health insurance and a matching 401(k) savings plan.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the state of Georgia
- Specialty certifications desirable, such as DBIA
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in transportation engineering design and project management
- Strong, proven experience in leading project managers, professional engineers, and designers on transportation design projects
- Strong verbal communication and analytical skills
- Strong, proven experience in business development and client management
- Experience in budget management and preparation of statements of qualification and fee proposals
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and spreadsheets
- Valid driver’s license
- Travel will be required
Equal Opportunity Employer
"*" indicates required fields