Neel-Schaffer is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel, to thrive in an engaged, client focused environment? Do you have a firm understanding of Florida DOT traffic engineering principles? Then you could be our next perfect fit!
Neel-Schaffer is looking for a Senior Traffic Engineer to provide technical expertise for production and review of traffic studies. This role will sign and seal technical engineering reports as needed. This engineer attends public meetings, presentations, and hearings as needed and performs presentations as required. This person will also assist in field reviews and field evaluation as needed.
This role oversees a team consisting of state employees and consultant augmentation staff performing the review and study tasks and develops and monitors production schedules to ensure timely completion of studies and establishes and tracks quality control measures within the team. This role offers the ability to work flexible shifts – two days on-site in Bartow, FL, and three days remote work.
Neel-Schaffer is an Engineering News-Record Top 250 engineering design, planning and construction management firm. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits that include health insurance and a matching 401(k) savings plan.
Minimum Requirements & Qualifications
- BSCE from an ABET-accredited university.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Florida or ability to obtain within 6 months.
- 15 years of experience working with multiple types of traffic studies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microstation and AutoCad (or equivalent) design platforms.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office applications including a working knowledge of Excel.
- Familiarity and experience with Florida’s Manual on Uniform Traffic Studies, Traffic Engineering Manual, and related policies and procedures is expected.
- Skilled in the engineering process for preparation of traffic studies. Knowledge of concepts, terminologies, design principles and analytical techniques of traffic studies.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective internal and external working relationships.
- Ability to manage people, lead people, lead change, communicate and build coalitions. Ability to supervise personnel.
Equal Opportunity Employer
"*" indicates required fields