Neel-Schaffer seeks responses from qualified candidates for the position of Senior Structural Design Engineer in our Columbia, SC office.
Neel-Schaffer is an ENR Top 250 Design firm that operates 36 offices across nine states. Neel-Schaffer offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits, including health care and a matching 401(k) savings plan.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in bridge/structural engineering and have leadership skills to work lead and/or work within a team environment of engineers and technicians on various types of transportation and structures projects.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Licensed Professional Engineer in South Carolina or ability to obtain within 1 year
- 10-20 years of progressive bridge/structural design experience
- Strong verbal communication and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microstation, Geopak and/or Open Roads Designer
- Proficiency in structural analysis software such as Conspan, Merlin, Leap Steel, CSI Bridge or other similar bridge design software.
- Familiar with DOT Design Guidelines and Standards, AASHTO LRFD Design Guide Lines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Valid driver’s license
Equal Opportunity Employer