Neel-Schaffer is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn and the drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, client focused environment?
Neel-Schaffer is an Engineering News-Record Top 200 engineering firm that provides planning, design, surveying, environmental, and construction management services. Supported by nearly 500 employees in locations across the United States, NSI provides a full continuum of engineering and consulting services. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Since 1983, our mission is to provide quality, cost-effective solutions that reflect responsiveness, innovation, technical excellence, and professional integrity.
We are actively seeking applications from qualified individuals for the position of Senior Engineer Manager to oversee and manage our Houston (TX) office operations and staff. This person will reside in Houston.
The Senior Engineer Manager will be responsible for overall business development and delivery of projects (roadway, bridge, drainage, H&H, water resources, etc.) for primarily local governments/clients in the greater Houston area. The Senior Engineer Manager initiates and maintains extensive relationships with clients. A full understanding of the range of support services (survey, environmental, drainage, etc.) is essential. The Senior Engineer Manager is responsible for the success of project execution and delivery in terms of quality, schedule, and project budgets. This position reports to the Southwest Region Manager.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineer in the State of Texas
- 15+ years of experience in managing projects and a staff of engineers and technicians, and demonstrated experience in client relationships
- Strong business development skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Possess a strong understanding in developing all project management controls, including budgeting, scheduling, and staff management
- Proficiency with Microstation and Geopak (or equivalent) design platforms, knowledge of OpenRoads desired.
- Extensive experience with QA/QC processes
- Critical thinking skills necessary with the ability to plan and conceptualize
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing
- Working Knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite and Primavera Scheduling Software