COLUMBIA, CHARLESTON, GREENVILLE, or MYRTLE BEACH, SC
Neel-Schaffer is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn and excel and thrive in an engaged, client focused environment?
Neel-Schaffer, an Engineering News-Record Top 200 Design firm with offices and/or major projects in nine states, has an opportunity for a Senior CEI Inspector to join our growing engineering firm. This position will be based in Columbia, Charleston, Greenville, or Myrtle Beach, SC. Travel may be required on a temporary basis as project locations change. Neel-Schaffer strives to fit applicants with projects to minimize commute time or temporary relocation. We will work with you.
This position involves skilled Construction Engineering and Inspection (CEI) field work. The Senior CEI Inspector will act as a lead inspector on SCDOT and County transportation construction projects. The Senior CEI Inspector must be efficient in the use of SiteManager, capable of checking grades, and keep neat and thorough notes relative to inspection and documentation of a construction project. The Senior Inspector will be required to work independently with minimal supervision or as part of a team and be able to provide inspection on bridge or roadway projects.
Education and/or experience:
- Six years of experience in Construction Engineering and Inspection on road and bridge transportation construction projects.
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Good problem-solving abilities
- Travel may be required
- Basic computer skills are required
- The following Certifications are preferred:
- SCDOT Asphalt Roadway Technician
- SCDOT Earthwork and Base Course Technician
- Nuclear Gauge Technician Certification
- SCDOT Concrete Technician Level 1 & 2
- SCDOT Foundations Technician
- Certified Erosion Prevention and Sediment Control Inspector (CEPSCI)
- SCDOT Advanced Work Zone Traffic Control
- ACI Field Grade Technician I
- IMSA Certifications
Neel-Schaffer offers an excellent employee benefits package that includes:
- Health insurance, including Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account options
- Prescription Drug coverage
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life and Accidental Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan, with robust company match and investment assistance
- Paid holidays
- Vacation leave
- Education Reimbursement Opportunities
- Referral Bonus
- Company provided truck/vehicle
Equal Opportunity Employer
"*" indicates required fields