Neel-Schaffer is seeking applications from qualified individuals for an experienced roadway design professional who will provide innovative leadership, project management, and superior client-facing skills. Successful candidates will have the ability to communicate and work across multiple operational groups and technical disciplines in Tennessee and deliver best-in-class technical solutions to our clients on the design, delivery and management of projects across both public and private sectors.
The primary duties of the Roadway Design Manager include securing, planning, directing and monitoring all aspects of small- to large-scale multi-discipline roadway design projects with a high degree of technical complexity, involving a diverse project staff across multiple offices.
Neel-Schaffer’s goal is to continue to expand the talented roadway design group in our Tennessee operation and this role is pivotal to achieving this objective. Other key responsibilities will include helping to establish strategic market position/service offerings for the group across our region, which aligns with client needs and our strategic initiatives. Specific activities will include roadway design, serving as a Project Manager, Task Manager and/or Roadway Design Advisor on project pursuits; and acting as a mentor to staff. It is preferred that this person have experience with TDOT and municipal clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering. PE required.
- 15+ years of roadway design related experience, with 8 years at a project management level, managing a roadway design group.
- Candidate should be well-versed in the use of the AASHTO Policy on Geometric Design of Highways and Streets (Green Book), TDOT Standard Drawings, and TDOT Design Guidelines.
- Demonstrated success in managing preliminary and final design, project scheduling and subcontractor management.
- Must have the ability to interact with various design teams and offices, have excellent organizational, project management and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Track record of successfully completing projects and providing team leadership.
- Experience in writing/development of project proposals and letters of interest.
- Solid client relationships and willingness to lead a roadway design team.
Posted: March 25, 2019