Neel-Schaffer, an Engineering News-Record Top 250 Design firm, is seeking applications from qualified persons for the position of Regional Accountant to work full-time in our Corporate office located in Jackson, MS.
This position will play an integral role in supporting the company’s Central Region and the Chief Financial Officer. Qualified candidates will have excellent communication skills, a strong ability to multi-task and meet deadlines, and be organized and detail oriented.
Neel-Schaffer is the largest engineering firm based in Mississippi. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits, including health care and a matching 401(k) savings plan.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
• Preparation of certain accounting and management reports.
• Assisting project managers in the development of invoicing clients.
• Ability to communicate with our corporate office on accounting matters.
• Assists with project accounting efforts.
• Assists in the collection of and tracks accounts receivables for the regional offices.
• Assists in preparation of budgets.
• Develops and adheres to master accounting schedules and makes sure that the various recurring accounting tasks are completed according to schedule.
• Prepares financial projections as required.
• Assists in asset management, including vehicles, equipment, and buildings/leases.
• Overnight, out-of-town travel may be required.
Education and/or experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting and three to five years of experience; Master’s degree and/or CPA certification preferred.
• Commitment to continuous professional development
• Ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal communications.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and government regulations.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Excellent time management skills and sense of urgency in meeting deadlines.
• Experience with Deltek preferred.
• Should be strong in Microsoft Office 365, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.