HOUSTON, TX, or ARLINGTON, TX, or CENTRAL TEXAS
Neel-Schaffer, a muli-disciplined, ENR Top 250 Engineering Design firm, is seeking applications from experienced, qualified persons for the full-time position of Proposal Coordinator.
The ideal candidate will have experience with proposals and presentations and working with other marketing staff. Assignments are deadline driven, so the ability to set priorities, take ownership of projects from start to finish, handle multiple projects simultaneously, demonstrate time management, and provide a consistent high level of quality and accuracy in a fast-paced, high-volume environment is essential. Preference will be given to candidates with strong experience in the Architecture, Engineering, and Construction (AEC) industry.
Neel-Schaffer offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits, including health care and a matching 401(k) savings plan.
- Plan, write, and execute proposals ranging in size and complexity from single page letters to multi-volume bound submissions.
- Develop/write qualification portions of proposals, integrate technical portions, and edit entire document for readability and compliance with RFP requirements.
- Write, organize, and maintain project fact sheets, staff resumes and other project related data for ongoing use in marketing/business development efforts.
- Develop graphics for proposals and interview presentations.
- Collaborate, communicate, and interact with internal team members to complete assignments. This includes working with senior leaders, graphic designers, engineers and administrative staff in multiple offices.
- Coordinate and prepare materials for special events, client meetings, and conferences.
- Occasionally attend client meetings, conferences, professional association events, company events, interview preparations, and presentations.
- Assist with preparing, copying, and binding client deliverables.
- Occasional travel may be required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts in Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations, English, Communications or equivalent degree is preferred, however, work experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- A minimum of 3–5 years of work experience in a similar role in the A/E/C industry is preferred.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (primarily InDesign and Illustrator) for professional document design, layout, and production is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Familiarity with Salesforce and Microsoft SharePoint software is a plus.
- Graphic design experience preferred.
- Strong technical and persuasive writing, editing, proofreading skills.
- Excellent communication and coordination skills (both oral and written).
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to plan and manage multiple tasks simultaneously (time management skills).
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to handle multiple, simultaneous assignments at various stages of development and meet tight deadlines, providing a consistently high level of quality and accuracy.
- Professional demeanor with a positive, solution-seeking attitude and personal responsibility.
- Thorough understanding of Request for Proposal requirements and ability to ask questions to ensure accurate deliverable.
- Self-driven individual with ability to self-manage, take direction, and proactively run with projects.
- Schedule flexibility is required on an as-needed basis.