NEW ORLEANS, LA (OTHER LOCATIONS MAY BE CONSIDERED)
Neel-Schaffer seeks qualified responses from persons for the regular/fulltime position of Multimodal Transportation Planner. This job is based in our New Orleans (LA) office, but other locations may be considered.
Neel-Schaffer is an ENR Top 500 Design firm. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits, including health insurance and a matching 401(k) savings plan.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in multimodal transportation planning and will:
- Support transportation planning work for metropolitan transportation plans, long-range transportation plans, transit plans, and bicycle and pedestrian plans.
- Service clients including Metropolitan Planning Organizations, state Departments of Transportation, and local governments (municipal and county/parish).
- Support a range of planning tasks, including existing conditions analysis, demographic data forecasting, community engagement, visioning, financial planning, and plan development.
- Prepare technical and non-technical reports and presentations
- Assist project managers with tasks by completing them within deadlines and budget requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, geography, public administration, engineering, or related field
- 3 years of multimodal transportation planning (bicycle, pedestrian, and/or transit) experience with bachelor’s degree or 2 years of experience with master’s degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in GIS
- Domestic travel may be required, mostly in the South/Southeast US. The frequency of travel is contingent on workload and project demands
- AICP, PTP or approved certification in a related field
- Advanced GIS experience (Accessibility Analysis, Network Analyst)
- Advanced data analysis and visualization experience (Excel, Access, PowerBI, Tableau)