NEW ORLEANS, LA (OTHER LOCATIONS MAY BE CONSIDERED)
Neel-Schaffer seeks qualified responses from persons for the regular/fulltime position of Multimodal Transportation Planner. This position is based in our New Orleans (LA) office, however, other locations may be considered.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in multimodal transportation planning and will:
- Support transportation planning work for metropolitan transportation plans, long-range transportation plans, transit plans, and bicycle and pedestrian plans.
- Service clients including Metropolitan Planning Organizations (MPOs), state Departments of Transportation (DOTs), and local governments (municipal and county/parish).
- Support a range of planning tasks, including existing conditions analysis, demographic data forecasting, community engagement, visioning, financial planning, and plan development.
- Prepare technical and non-technical reports and presentations
- Assist project managers with tasks by completing them within deadlines and budget requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, geography, public administration, engineering, or related field
- Three years of multimodal transportation planning (bicycle, pedestrian, and/or transit) experience, with a bachelor’s degree, or two years of experience with a master’s degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in GIS
- Domestic travel may be required, mostly in the South/Southeast US. The frequency of travel is contingent on workload and project demand
- AICP, PTP or approved certification in a related field
- Advanced GIS experience (Accessibility Analysis, Network Analyst)
- Advanced data analysis and visualization experience (Excel, Access, PowerBI, Tableau)