Neel-Schaffer is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership. Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, client focused environment?
Neel-Schaffer, an Engineering News-Record Top 250 Design, Planning and Construction Management firm, has an opportunity for an experienced Marketing Associate to work full-time in our corporate office in Jackson.
The ideal candidate will have experience with proposals and presentations and working with other marketing staff. Assignments are deadline driven so the ability to set priorities, take ownership of projects from start to finish, handle multiple projects simultaneously, demonstrate time management, and provide a consistent high level of quality and accuracy in a fast-paced, high-volume environment is essential. Preference will be given to candidates with strong experience in the Architecture, Engineering, and Construction (AEC) industry.
Essential duties of this role:
- Plan, write, and execute proposals ranging in size and complexity from single page letters to multi-volume bound submissions.
- Develop/write qualification portions of proposals, integrate technical portions, and edit entire document for readability and compliance with RFP requirements.
- Write, organize, and maintain project fact sheets, staff resumes and other project related data for ongoing use in marketing/business development efforts.
- Develop graphics for Proposals and Interview Presentations.
- Collaborate, communicate, and interact with internal team members to complete assignments, including graphic designers, senior leaders, and administrative staff in multiple offices.
- Coordinate and prepare materials for special events, client meetings, and conferences.
- Occasionally attend client meetings, conferences, professional association events, company events, interview preparations, and presentations.
- Assist with preparing, copying, and binding client deliverables.
- Occasional travel may be required, and schedule flexibility is required on an as-needed basis.
Education and/or experience:
- BA in Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations, English, Communications, or equivalent degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in a similar role in the A/E/C industry is preferred.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (primarily InDesign and Illustrator) for professional document design, layout, and production is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Familiarity with Salesforce and Microsoft SharePoint software is a plus.
- Graphic design experience preferred.
- Strong technical and persuasive writing, editing, proofreading skills.
- Excellent communication and coordination skills (both oral and written)
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to plan and manage multiple tasks simultaneously (time management skills).
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to handle multiple, simultaneous assignments at various stages of development and meet tight deadlines, providing a consistently high level of quality and accuracy.
- Professional demeanor with a positive, solution-seeking attitude and personal responsibility.
- Thorough understanding of Request for Proposal (RFP) requirements and ability to ask questions to ensure accurate deliverable.
- Self-driven individual with ability to self-manage, take direction, and proactively run with projects.