Neel-Schaffer is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, client focused environment? If so, Neel-Schaffer might have just the right job for you.
Neel-Schaffer is seeking applications from qualified persons for the position of Information Technology (IT) Technician I in our Jackson, Mississippi, office to join our growing engineering firm. The successful candidate must have relevant work experience and an aptitude for both the installing and troubleshooting of desktops, laptops and hardware peripherals in a Microsoft Windows environment.
Expertise and Responsibilities:
- Identifies and troubleshoots technical issues and problems with users in multiple office locations.
- Assists employees in identifying and resolving computer problems and issues within a reasonable amount of time.
- Installs, upgrades and configures hardware and software components.
- Troubleshoots hardware, including repairing or replacing damaged or aged IT equipment.
- Troubleshoots software issues, including system upgrades.
- Documents IT issues and corresponding resolution(s) in a clear and concise manner.
- Maintains the inventory of hardware and software, including spare parts.
- Operates and maintains computers, computer systems and network.
- Performs minor programming or Powershell scripting.
- Performs and documents occasional training for computer users as needed.
- Overnight and out-of-town travel may be required, to include weekends as needed.
- The candidate should have a strong work ethic, the capacity to work well with fellow employees and the ability to work well with minimal supervision.
- Additionally, the successful candidate must be flexible in supporting our Neel-Schaffer offices in the Southeast.
- An associate degree in information technology is preferred, or related degree.
- A minimum of 3 years of IT support and computer systems experience.
- Experience troubleshooting network, hardware, and software issues.
- Maintain a working knowledge of current technological trends.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Familiarity with Windows Operating Systems.
- Knowledge of maintaining and supporting mobile devices, primarily Apple devices.
- Familiarity with AutoDesk (i.e. AutoCAD, Civil 3D, etc.), Benley (i.e. Microstation, OpenRoads Designer, etc.), ESRI (i.e. ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, etc.), Bulebeam, and other engineering design software is preferred.
- Skill in the use of peripheral computer input and output devices as necessitated by work assignments.
- Familiarity with virtual machine (VM) platform, preferably VMware, is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer
"*" indicates required fields