NEW ORLEANS, LA | BATON ROUGE, LA
Neel-Schaffer seeks a Project Engineer to join our water resources team in New Orleans or Baton Rouge, LA. Qualified candidates will have the ability to collaborate with team members in other states/communities as well as with state and local governmental agency clients in the preparation of hydrologic and hydraulic reports, studies, models and design.
Neel-Schaffer employs a highly qualified team of professionals skilled in a variety of water resources and engineering disciplines. This multi-disciplinary approach allows for a more holistic blend of experience and services to meet every client’s water resources needs. Neel-Schaffer comprises 500+ employees and offices in 9 states and 37 locations. Engineering News-Record has listed Neel-Schaffer among the Top 250 Design Firms in the United States every year since 1994.
The Project Engineer will be responsible for:
- H&H modeling of streams, rivers, watersheds, drainage systems and other water conveyance systems and features.
- Preparing reports, studies, models and designs related to H&H analysis.
- Working with senior-level H&H engineers to learn and enhance modeling skills.
- Working with a multi-disciplined team to execute project deliverables for clients.
- Coordination of subconsultants.
- Project/task scheduling.
- Design and cost estimating.
- Interaction with clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from an ABET accredited university/program
- Course work with emphasis on hydrology, hydraulics and water resources
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) in Louisiana
- Proficiency in Microstation or AutoCad
- Experience with hydrology and hydraulic analysis software, specifically HEC-HMS and HEC-RAS
- Previous experience in consulting engineering with focus on H&H projects
- CADD/GIS software experience
- Experience with two-dimensional hydraulic modeling software