NEW ORLEANS, LA | BATON ROUGE, LA | LAFAYETTE, LA | or HOUSTON, TX
Neel-Schaffer seeks a Project Engineer to join our water resources team in New Orleans, LA, Baton Rouge, LA, Lafayette, LA, or Houston, TX. Qualified candidates will have the ability to collaborate with team members in other states/communities as well as with state and local governmental agency clients in the preparation of hydrologic and hydraulic reports, studies, models and design.
Neel-Schaffer employs a highly qualified team of professionals skilled in a variety of water resources and engineering disciplines. This multi-disciplinary approach allows for a more holistic blend of experience and services to meet every client’s water resources needs. Neel-Schaffer comprises 500+ employees and offices in 9 states and 37 locations. Engineering News-Record has listed Neel-Schaffer among the Top 200 Design Firms in the United States.
The Project Engineer will be responsible for:
- H&H modeling of streams, rivers, watersheds, drainage systems and other water conveyance systems and features.
- Preparing reports, studies, models and designs related to H&H analysis.
- Working with senior-level H&H engineers to learn and enhance modeling skills.
- Working with a multi-disciplined team to execute project deliverables for clients.
- Coordination of subconsultants.
- Project/task scheduling.
- Design and cost estimating.
- Interaction with clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from an ABET accredited university/program
- Course work with emphasis on hydrology, hydraulics and water resources
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) in the state of LA or Texas, with ability to obtain other state license within 6 months of start date
- Proficiency in Microstation or AutoCad
- Experience with hydrology and hydraulic analysis software, specifically HEC-HMS and HEC-RAS
- Previous experience in consulting engineering with focus on H&H projects
- CADD/GIS software experience
- Experience with two-dimensional hydraulic modeling software