Neel-Schaffer is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn, the drive to excel, to thrive in an engaged, client-focused environment? If so, Neel-Schaffer might have just the right position for you.
Our growing engineering firm has an opportunity for a Graduate Roadway Engineer/Designer or Engineer-in-Training to join the firm in our Columbia (SC) office.
Under the supervision and guidance of Professional Engineers, the prospective candidate will produce roadway design plans for a variety of projects. The ideal candidate will have experience using MicroStation, Geopack, and/or Open Roads Designer. Some responsibilities will include preparing design plans and specifications for projects; using design software to develop design documents; and working as part of a team environment with other engineers and technical staff.
Minimum Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Licensed Engineer-in-Training in South Carolina or ability to obtain a licensure within one year
- Knowledge of roadway and drainage design concepts
- Strong verbal communication and analytical skills
- Experience with MicroStation and Geopack
- Knowledge of local municipalities and/or state DOT design standards
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
Equal Opportunity Employer
"*" indicates required fields