Neel-Schaffer is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn and the drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, client focused environment?
Neel-Schaffer, an Engineering News-Record Top 200 Design firm with offices and/or major projects in nine states, has is seeking applications from qualified individuals for an Entry Level Transportation Planner to join our growing engineering firm. This position is based in our Lafayette (LA) office, but another remote location might be considered).
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Support transportation planning work for metropolitan transportation plans, long-range transportation plans, transit plans, and bicycle and pedestrian plans
- Work with clients including Metropolitan Planning Organizations (MPOs), state Departments of Transportations (DOTs), and local governments (municipal and county/parish)
- Support a range of planning tasks, including existing conditions analysis, demographic data forecasting, community engagement, visioning, financial planning, and plan development
- Prepare technical and non-technical reports and presentations
- Assist project managers with tasks by completing them within deadlines and budget requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, geography, public administration, engineering, or related field
- 0 to 3 years of multimodal transportation planning (bicycle, pedestrian, and/or transit) experience with Bachelor’s degree or 2 years of experience with Master’s degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in GIS
- Domestic travel may be required, mostly in the South/Southeast US. The frequency of travel is contingent on workload and project demands.
- AICP, PTP or approved certification in a related field
- Advanced GIS experience (Accessibility Analysis, Network Analyst)
- Advanced data analysis and visualization experience (Excel, Access, PowerBI, Tableau)