BATON ROUGE, LA | NASHVILLE, TN | OR BIRMINGHAM, AL
Neel-Schaffer is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn and the drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, client focused environment?
If so, Neel-Schaffer might have just the right opportunity for you.
An Engineering News-Record Top 250 Design firm with offices in nine states, Neel-Schaffer is seeking applications from qualified candidates to serve as the Director of Information Technology (IT) with our growing engineering firm. The ideal candidate will be responsible for providing technology vision and leadership in the development and implementation of IT programs. The Director will provide strategic planning, development, evaluation, and coordination of the information and technology systems for the firm as well as facilitate communication between staff, management, vendors, and other technology resources within the organization.
This role reports directly to the General Counsel. The Director is responsible for the management of multiple information and communications systems and projects, including voice, data, and office automation and implement business continuity and disaster recovery plans, and oversee and evaluate system security, privacy, and backup procedures. The Director will lead in the planning and implementation of information systems to support both distributed and centralized business operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities May Include, but are Not Limited to:
- Manages and supervises the IT teams responsible for the ongoing operations and development of applications and services supporting Neel-Schaffer business and operations.
- Participates in departmental meetings.
- Acts for Neel-Schaffer as a senior executive and advisor to the company leadership.
- Represents and advocates for the IT needs of Neel-Schaffer and maintains an active understanding and awareness of departmental program and policy priorities.
- Provides technical leadership at the enterprise level.
- Develops objectives, reporting, and strategies for the implementation of controls and reports on performance objectives with the development and technology infrastructure.
- Makes recommendations and presents business advantages for technology improvements.
- Leads the team in identifying, comparing, selecting, and implementing technology solutions and partnerships to meet current and future needs.
- Tracks and controls the development of annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing and technology operations.
- Works closely, onsite and remote, with users to uncover their technological needs related to our business objectives.
- Makes technology-related recommendations supported by data for policy adoption.
- Ensures that Neel-Schaffer IT initiatives have detailed project plans, work breakdown structures, project checklists and budgets to meet established time frames, finances, and staffing availability.
- Ensures timely reporting and management for operational IT budgets and capital projects, including working with team leads and Project Managers to plan for upcoming budget cycles.
- Provides coordination and efficient communication strategies; communicates with external and internal stakeholders to ensure alignment and resolution for issues related to project deliverables and other topics as needed.
- Adheres to established policy and procedures with respect to system security, quality assurance, and other related standards.
- Acts with executive accountability as the primary Point of Contact for service impacting emergencies (e.g., network outages or application down) that impact Neel-Schaffer.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Previous or current management experience with large teams: planning, risk management, scheduling, task management, team leadership, and quality control.
- Ability to work concurrently on multiple complexes and sometimes ambiguous problems.
- Experience managing large IT teams and/or projects.
- Excellent MS Office skills with a focus on MS Visio, Power Point, and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to communicate technical and non-technical information to various levels within the organization.
- Strong analytic, organizational, and documentation skills.
- Proven success in building high performing teams.
- Strategic thinker and effective communicator.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Technical certificates from Microsoft, Cisco, Apple, Amazon etc., preferred.
- Minimum 10 to 12 years of progressively responsible experience in the development, installation and maintenance of IT Infrastructure and/or Systems.
- Five years or more in a leadership role with supervisory experience is required.
- Strong IT experience in the following areas preferred: information security, software development and support, project management, strategic planning, IT governance, consultancy, systems architecture and administration, internal client support, storage, virtualization, and operational management; must have the ability to detect emerging trends and make recommendations for change.
- Ability to lead, plan, coach and manage a team in a collaborative environment.
- Highly organized with strong project management skills and drive to meet organizational and departmental objectives; ability to manage projects on interrelated time-line.
- Experience in managing a budget and vendor relationships required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential; must be a results- and goal-oriented individual with the persistence and patience necessary to work effectively with a variety of internal and external constituencies.
- Ability to handle confidential information with exceptional judgment and discretion necessary.
- Ability to combine vision with strong creativity and tactical execution.
Equal Opportunity Employer
"*" indicates required fields