Neel-Schaffer is seeking applications for qualified persons for the position of Construction Inspector I, based in the firm’s Laurel (MS) office. This is an entry level position that requires a high school diploma or GED. Vocational school, including or supplemented by course work in engineering technology, is preferred.
Neel-Schaffer is a multi-disciplined engineering, planning and construction management firm that is based in Jackson, MS, and now operates out of 36 offices across nine Southeastern states. We have been ranked among the nation’s Top 300 Design Firms annually since 1994 by Engineer News-Record, coming in at 230th for 2020. We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes a matching 401(k) savings plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities may include:
- Acts as assistant Resident Project Representative.
- Endeavors to ensure conformance with approved plans and specifications.
- Makes or observes routine field and laboratory tests of construction materials.
- Gathers engineering field data of a routine nature and plots information on maps.
- Makes routine field measurements and computes field quantities.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to read and understand engineering plans and specifications for projects of routine complexity.
- Computer literacy is required, including knowledge of word processing and spreadsheets. Training and experience in use of CAD preferred. Ability to learn CAD required.
- Ability to engage in active field work for extended periods and occasionally under adverse weather conditions.
- Overnight and out of town travel may be required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.